Sunday, June 3, 2007

Thoughts from a Mom

Note: This entry is written by Desiree Duclayan Parsonson. She stars in EMPTY STREETS, but more importantly, she's a MOM.

I am patiently awaiting the completion of an important film I was happy to be a part of... "Empty Streets." I'm excited and looking forward to seeing and hearing the many reactions about the movie from people.

As a parent, the war in Iraq has been heavy on my mind and the thought of drafting young men and women who may or may not want to go. Having 2 boys at an age eligible for war is a scary thing for me.

photo of desiree

I have seen and heard many heroic stories and also seen and heard many tragic and sad stories at the same time. I don't know if I could live with myself knowing my child had been killed in this crazy war with Iraq. I would like to see my genes carried on, I would like to be a grandmother someday and I would like to see my boys live a full life meant to be.

I don't believe war should be the way to settle things, I believe there is a more peaceful way of doing things but that it would mean being unselfish and willing to give and share. I really feel that people need to realize that we all live on the earth and although we may have different hair color, eye color or skin color; the same color of blood runs through our veins, therefore we should be more focused on taking care of each other rather than trying to take from each other.

No comments: